ASP.NET Dynamic Data for .NET 4
You can find more information on Dynamic Data at the Dynamic Data Overview
. Dynamic Data Road Map
Dynamic Data in Visual Studio 2012 / .NET 4.5
The release of .NET 4.5 contains the latest enhancements in Dynamic Data:
- Field Templates updated to output HTML 5 input types
- Project templates updated to support unobtrusive validation
- New Web Form Model Binding feature enables Dynamic Data by default (DynamicField and DynamicControl work in data controls by default)
Dynamic Data in Visual Studio 2010 / .NET 4
The release of .NET 4 contains the latest enhancements in Dynamic Data:
Download Visual Studio 2010Dynamic Data DocumentationDynamic Data Samples
- EnableDynamicData method which enables Dynamic Data features in existing ASP.NET applications and DataSource controls
- A new QueryExtender control, contained in the sample projects to simplify common data filtering operations. It supports a rich ASP.NET declarative query syntax that makes it easy to do things like search data for text or have filters based on ranges
- A new Dynamic Data filter model that enables the developers to apply templates to pages just like field templates (including user defined filters)
- New field templates of Email, URL and Enum columns
- Support for inheritance in Entity Framework and Linq to SQL
- Support for many to many relationships in Entity Framework
- New Entity Templates which allow fine control over how an object is displayed and edited
- DynamicHyperLink control for building links to tables and actions
- Declarative support for DynamicDataManager for simple use
- Attributes for controlling the filters appearance and order
- And much more...
DomainDataSource Visual Studio 2010 (.NET RIA Services)
.NET RIA Services for Visual Studio 2010 contains the DomainDataSource control which provides Web Form developers access to a new data source control that can be used with .NET RIA Services domain services. This allows developers to write rich business logic classes and have them called and utilized by Web Forms and Dynamic Data projects. This release requires VS 2010 and .NET 4 RTM. To access the DomainDataSource install the WCF RIA Services Toolkit.
How to Provide Feedback
We highly encourage your feedback on Dynamic Data. There are two primary means for providing feedback:
- The Dynamic Data Forum on the ASP.NET Forums site allows you to engage in discussions with other customers and with the Dynamic Data product team. This is a great place to ask questions, post comments, and learn more about using the Dynamic Data feature.
- The Issue Tracker tab on this site allows you to file bugs to the product team for consideration. The Issue Tracker is voting-based, so bugs with the most votes are given priority. (However, the product team will consider each issue individually, and more votes does not necessarily guarantee acceptance.)
Please use "Issue" type for logging bugs and "Feature" type for logging new feature suggestions.
Dynamic Data for .NET 3.5 SP1
Dynamic Data Fix for Entity Framework for .NET 3.5 SP1
The .NET 3.5 SP1 RTM release of Dynamic Data has trouble with some data relationships in Entity Framework data models. This can been seen with 1->0..1 and *->1 relationships which may generate error messages like "'System.Web.UI.WebControls.EntityDataSourceWrapper' does not contain a property with the name 'Orders.OrderID'". An update to .NET 3.5 SP1 has recently been released that fixes this issue. See KB959209
for access to this update.
Additional Resources, Tutorials and Samples
Building ASP.NET Dynamic Data Applications MIX '08 ScreencastDisplaying Images from a Database ScreencastDynamic Data Samples