Lightweight Test Automation Framework Road Map
What is the Lightweight Test Automation Framework for ASP.NET?
The Lightweight Test Automation Framework is a Web automation framework that is designed to run within an ASP.NET application. It has been developed and is used by the ASP.NET QA Team to automate regression tests for the product.
Next Steps for the Test Automation Framework Release
The team that has developed the Test Automation Framework plans on taking the following steps as part of the overall release strategy for the framework:
- Release updates on the CodePlex Web site at frequent intervals.
- Release documentation for the framework.
- Gather feedback from the community to better understand Web automation user requirements.
Features under Consideration
The team is considering the following features for future releases of the framework:
- Increase the unit test coverage for legacy code.
- Expose an API to retrieve the type of browser that is being used.
- Include a Stop Running Tests button.
- Show a better progress bar and statistics while tests are running.
- Create the WebTestClassInitialize and WebTestClassCleanup attributes to mark methods that should run at the beginning and at the end of a test class.