Note: Source code, roadmaps and issue lists for upcoming releases of ASP.NET MVC 4, Web API and Web Pages 2 are available at
http://aspnetwebstack.codeplex.com. This page will be retired once ASP.NET MVC 4 has shipped.
ASP.NET MVC is a free, fully supported Microsoft framework for developing great web applications using the Model-View-Controller pattern. It provides total control over your HTML and URLs, enables rich Ajax integration, and facilitates test driven development.
To find out more information about ASP.NET MVC, visit the following resources:
ASP.NET MVC 4 Released!
ASP.NET MVC 4 is now available! To find out more about the release, visit our
ASP.NET MVC 4 information page.
Installation and Help
- ASP.NET MVC 4 for Visual Studio 2010:
- Visual Studio 2012 (includes ASP.NET MVC 4):
For help and to discuss ASP.NET MVC 4, visit the
ASP.NET MVC forum.
ASP.NET MVC 3 RTM Released!
We've recently released RTM of ASP.NET MVC 3.
To learn about the new features introduced in ASP.NET MVC 3, visit the
What's new in ASP.NET MVC 3 page and be sure to read the
The ASP.NET team is hard at work on the next version of ASP.NET MVC. To find out what’s coming next, visit the
How to Provide Feedback
Because we highly value your input on this release version, please do submit feedback. There are two primary means for providing feedback:
- The ASP.NET MVC Forum on the
ASP.NET Forums site allows you to engage in discussions with other customers and with the ASP.NET MVC product team. This is a great place to ask questions, post comments, and learn more about using ASP.NET MVC.
- The Issue Tracker tab on this site allows you to file bugs to the product team for consideration. The Issue Tracker is voting-based, so bugs with the most votes are given priority. (However,
the product team will consider each issue individually, and more votes does not necessarily guarantee acceptance.)
Tip: Please use "Issue" type for logging bugs and "Feature" type for logging new feature suggestions.
- Blog Posts: Here are some of the most recent blog posts on ASP.NET MVC from our team members and the community:
Unit Test Integration
The ASP.NET MVC Project template (which we'll upload to this project very soon) provides a unit test dialog which allows you to select a unit test framework from a drop down. We are working closely with unit test framework providers to intergrate their frameworks
into that drop down. The following is a list of those projects which have installers that integrate with ASP.NET MVC. These projects are run by others in the community, not the ASP.NET team.
Other Interesting Projects:
- T4MVC: a T4 Template that generates strongly typed helpers for ASP.NET MVC
- MVCContrib: A Codeplex project to add functionality to ASP.NET MVC. This project is run by others in the community, not the ASP.NET team.