Changes in the 08-11 Release
- This release is for supporting the RTM version of .NET 3.5 SP1.
- This release also supports automatic formatting of the generated pages, using Visual Studio formatting preferences.
Changes in the 07-18 Release
This release is primarily a bug fixing release for the Dynamic Data Wizard. See below for a complete list of bug fixes in this drop.
- A bug was fixed where the List module's Edit and Insert checkboxes were disabled even when [Inline] was a valid option
- There is no longer a "Merge Folders" dialog box that prompts you to replace the App_Code folder when completing the wizard.
- Several bugs where fixed regarding preservation of checkbox state on the Customize Website screen and Edit Fields dialog
- The Fields... dialog is now cancellable using the ESC key
- The order of columns in the Fields... dialog now matches the order in which they are rendered in the generated pages
- In the Fields.. dialog, auto-incremented primary key fields are deselected by default
- The Fields... dialog now displays association property (for example, Category) instead of foreign key columns (for example, CategoryID)
- A bug has been fixed where module dropdowns showed duplicate items after clicking previous and next in the wizard
- A bug has been fixed where the wizard would crash after deleting a node in the Website tree after clicking previous in the wizard
- A bug has been fixed where clicking Next on the Choose Data source page when there is no database/dbml file selected would crash the wizard
- You can now click "Finish" anywhere within the wizard in order to generate the Web site
- A bug has been fix where the wizard crashed when going back from "Customize Website", adding a module, then clicking Next
Data Model Generation:
- Entering a custom DataContext namespace now works correctly
- A bug has been fixed where a table name with plurization ("Titles") and column name same without plurization ("Title") caused incorrect code generation
- A crashing bug has been fixed when selecting primary key fields for some tables
Page Code Generation:
- The naming-convention for control IDs in generated pages have been simplified
- Several bugs related to self-referencing tables (for example, the Northwind.Employees table) have been fixed
- The NavigateUrl property of DynamicLink is now fixed to use application-relative URLs (~/ syntax), to handle the case where pages in different folders link to each other
- A bug was fixed where DynamicControlParameter contained an empty Name="" attribute
- If a List and Insert module are on the same page, the List's "Select" hyperlink is not rendered
- If a List and Details module are on the same page, the "Details" hyperlink is not rendered (uses Select button instead)
- If a List and Edit module are on the same page, the "Edit" hyperlink is not rendered (uses Select button instead)
Changes in the 05-23 Release
Dynamic Data Website Wizard
The Dynamic Data Website Wizard now supports Edit and Insert forms (in addition to List and Details forms). The pages generated by the wizard have undergone the following changes:
- Details, Edit, and Insert forms have switched from ListView to FormView-based renderings. The Site.css style sheet has changed accordingly.
- When Details or Edit forms are on the same page as the List that links to them, the List omits its Details or Edit links, using a Select button instead. Details and Edit forms have a DynamicControlParameter that syncs to the selected item in the List. Similarly,
when Insert is on the same page as the List, the List omits the Insert New Item link from its rendering.
- When Details or Edit forms are on a separate page from the List that links to them, the List includes Details and Edit links (implemented w/ the DynamicLink control) and Detail and Edit have a DynamicQueryStringParameter. Similarly, when Insert is on a
separate page from the List, the List includes the “Insert new item” link (implemented using the DynamicLink control).
- When Details, Edit, and Insert forms are on the same page as the List that links to them, they auto-databind the List on certain events. Similarly, the List auto-databinds the Details, Edit controls that it links to:
- List (OnRowUpdated, OnRowDeleted) -> calls Details.DataBind, Edit.DataBind
- Details (OnItemUpdated, OnItemDeleted) -> calls List.DataBind
- Edit (OnItemUpdated) -> calls List.DataBind
- Insert (OnItemInserted -> calls List.DataBind)
- When Details, Edit, or Insert forms are on a separate page from the List that links to them, they auto-redirect back to that List on certain events:
- Details (OnItemDeleted) -> calls RedirectToList method
- Edit (OnItemUpdated, OnItemCommand/Cancel) -> calls RedirectToList method
- Insert (OnItemInserted, OnItemCommand/Cancel -> calls RedirectToList method
- Whenever a List form on a non-scaffolded page (outside of the CustomPages folder) links to a Details, Edit, or Insert on a separate page, it passes a returnUrl param on the querystring. RedirectToList uses this returnUrl param, if present, otherwise it
redirects to the scaffolded List page (MetaTable.ListActionPath).
- The DynamicLink control has been updated to include support for an ImageUrl property (used for Insert new item links
- The DynamicLink control has been updated to include support for rendering outside of a data-bound control template
- The Show all items link for the DetailsModule is now a top-level control (outside of the FormView template), wrapped in <div class=“bottomhyperlink”>. The Edit and Insert modules do not have a Show all items link.
- There is no longer a checkbox in the wizard for disabling the Show all items link.
Changes in the 04-23 Release
Tools and Dynamic Data Website Wizard
The Dynamic Data Website Wizard (Preview) template is now supported for Visual Basic.
The pages generated by the wizard have undergone the following changes:
- Pages use the included Site.master page by default. (Eventually the wizard will let you choose a custom master page or choose to use no master page.)
- ValidationSummary and DynamicValidator controls are generated, which enables automatic handling of validation exceptions.
- Improvements and changes have been made to the styles that are applied to the wizard-generated pages. These changes are defined in Site.css.
- An improved ListViewPager user control for paging in the ListView control has been added to the template.
- Several code generation improvements have been made. These includes rendering drop-down lists for foreign-key fields in edit and insert modes, confirmation dialog boxes for Delete links, addition of an EmptyDataTemplate template in the ListView control,
and fixing the Show All Items (formerly Go Back) links for Details forms.